So, today we had to pick what group we wanted to go to. I have chosen to pick a family to help learn. My group has emailed Kelly to let her know we would be volunteering for her. She responded back letting us know some what a description of our family we would be working with. In this description it included the family names, how old they were, and how many there were. At this point I am ready the description and I was a little nervous. I love helping anyone I can no matter what it is. So, to me this is a big step in me helping a family that barely knows English.
The more I keep reading over this email and the days are getting closer, I just kept feeling these butterflies in my stomach. I didn't know what to expect or how they would react. I had no clue how much English they actually knew or the children. I know how to help people in a way so they are comfortable and so i wanted to do that for them. As the days are winding down, i just kept having that feeling. Then the day came and i just felt all these nerves come out of know where. Once we got to the door and they didn't answer I had the feeling of leaving. The reason is because I thought they were scared of us or didn't know what to do. Once Kelly arrived everything ran smoothly. After I got comfortable it was a lot of. I'm excited to see what the rest of our work service hours have for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment