Monday, October 28, 2013

Blog #4 Heading Down the Road

Yesterday was another eventful day at the Nepal family household. We went over our names one more time, read some books, and went over some body parts. I know this seems like we already did this last time, which we kind have did. The thing that was different this was we were reviewing what they have remembered from the past few weeks. Its like teaching a baby how to talk, if you don't keep going over it they will take long to learn or never learn it. I want this family to be able to understand by hearing and talking these news words or sayings, so eventually it will stick with them.

First thing we went over was our names again. I know we have done this every week, but they have improved so much by remembering our groups name. This isn't by only saying it, but we had them write it out to. Having them write our names down was for them to see the letters and pronounce it out. They did a fistulous job. Next, we split the family up into groups again, so we could work more one on one if we could. I once again had the children. I had them read to me The Fox with the Sock. This is a Dr. Suess book. The daughter did an excellent job with pronouncing her words a lot. The younger ones just liked pointing at all the pictures and pointing out different objects. When the book was over I had the daughter go over her body parts with me again. She did fairly well for just learning them not to long ago. She just struggle a little with the arm, but other than that she got them down. To really test her I had her write them out to see if she remembered how to spell them. This was a bit harder but she did do it.

All in all, this day was to be a review day with the family. I think they did a good job and they are working really hard to improve there English. The children are just getting better day by day by going to school and learning there and by us coming once a week to get a one on one with different subjects of English. The adults are really committed to learning as much as they can since they have started so late in there life, its a little difficult. They all take there time to pronounce a word out if they don't know or they ask a lot questions if they don't know something. This is a good thing to have, so if they don't know something at work or school they will hopefully ask and get an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment